Throughout the months of May and June MMA Lighting Consultancy Ltd have been successful in helping customers gain full planning permission on housing development sites by providing them with lighting impact assessment reports. We specialise in helping our customers discharge street lighting related planning conditions where local authorities have specifically requested a lighting impact assessment.
We can assist and provide extensive lighting support through the planning application process with the preparation of a lighting impact assessment. Our experienced street lighting engineers are able to assess the potential impact of proposed lighting on the wider area and environment to ensure your planning application has the best chance possible of gaining approval.
Our lighting impact assessment reports are prepared to assess, in terms of artificial lighting, the likely effects to a surrounding area of a proposed development. Within our lighting impact assessments we detail and discuss the different types of obtrusive light.
Some of the items covered in our lighting impact assessment reports are as follows:
- Carry out full ‘Night time site survey’(plus daytime survey if required) including light levels, taken with a light meter, to assess existing baseline conditions
- Prepare and provide lighting calculations and isolux contour plots.
- Vertical Illuminance calculations if required (Lighting Reality)
- Provide site specific drawings including Isolux contours to demonstrate light output, specifically at the site boundary (AutoCAD)
- Detailed report containing baseline lighting conditions, lighting category selection process, classified environmental zone for the area in question, ecological receptors, other sensitive receptors, upward light (which can create sky glow) and visual source intensity (glare) and a mitigation strategy aimed at discharging the planning condition(PDF Format)
If you would like to discuss a lighting impact assessment with us, then please feel free to give us a call on 0118 321 5636. We will be more than happy to talk through the best approach and hopefully work with you to assist in gaining full planning permission. Alternatively please send your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as quickly as we possibly can.
Telephone: 0118 321 5636