Street Lighting Design Engineer
Location: Home Based
MMA Lighting Consultancy Ltd is seeking to appoint a Street lighting Design Engineer to join our Street Lighting team. You will be working on our street lighting design programme which straddles many different local authority areas across the whole of the UK. The role is full-time and permanent working a 40 hour week, offering an excellent salary and range of benefits.
At MMA Lighting Consultancy Ltd, we offer a wide range of street lighting design services to our customers. We understand that our people are our greatest asset and we are now searching for a talented individual to join our family.
Our business is set up in such a way that we do not expect to see staff in an office on a daily basis, as through various levels of medium we stay in touch and allow staff to manage their own time from home. We believe that offering the right balance between home and work life generates an excellent standard of work and maintains people’s enthusiasm in their work. Having staff working from home allows us to keep our carbon footprint down to a minimum and demonstrates our commitment to reducing our companies overall environmental impact.
The Street lighting Design Engineers Role
As aStreet lighting Design Engineer, you will be responsible for carrying out street lighting designs across a variety of schemes. You should have prior experience of lighting reality, drawing design software, MS Excel, MS Word and any other relevant street lighting design software.
Responsibilities of our Street lighting Design Engineer
– Preparing street lighting designs for various local authorities across the UK.
– Preparing lighting impact assessments and existing lighting reviews.
– Checking street lighting designs that have been produced by the team and ensuring their compliance with British and European Standards for Road Lighting.
– Checking schemes for CDM 2015 compliance, whilst also meeting the adopting authority’s standard street lighting specification.
– Carrying out street lighting equipment site surveys to ascertain existing street lighting and electrical equipment specifications. Use of own vehicle will be required but appropriate mileage will be paid to ensure reimbursement for fuel and vehicle wear and tear. Please note loan working will be required when carrying out this element of the job.
What we’re looking for in our Street lighting Design Engineer
To be considered for this role you must have previous street lighting design experience with a minimum of 2 years’ service within the Street Lighting Design industry. You should have obtained or working towards an Institute of Lighting Professionals Exterior Lighting Diploma. You will ideally hold a G39 certification, however full training shall be provided if required. In addition you will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to work in a collaborative manner and a strong customer focus.
Benefits of becoming our Street lighting Design Engineers
Our people are our greatest asset and we will offer you a competitive salary with a range of benefits such as:
– Contributory Pension Scheme
– 22 Days Annual Leave per Annum. Rising by 1 day per year of service, up to a maximum of 28 days per annum.
– Opportunity to study for formal qualifications
– Career & professional development.
– Performance Related Christmas Bonus
– Annual Leave Purchase Scheme (up to a max of 5 days per year)
How to apply?
To apply for the current vacancy, please email your interest to email@example.com or call us on 0118 321 5636. We look forward to hearing from you.