Location: Home Based
MMA Lighting Consultancy Ltd is seeking to appoint a Street lighting Design Manager to join our Street Lighting team. You will be working on our street lighting design programme which straddles many different local authority areas across the whole of the UK. The role is full-time and permanent working a 40 hour week, offering an excellent salary and range of benefits.
At MMA Lighting Consultancy Ltd, we offer a wide range of street lighting design services to our customers. We understand that our people are our greatest asset and we are now searching for a talented individual to join our family.
Our business is set up in such a way that we do not expect to see staff in an office on a daily basis, as through various levels of medium we stay in touch and allow staff to manage their own time from home. We believe that offering the right balance between home and work life generates an excellent standard of work and maintains people’s enthusiasm in their work. Having staff working from home allows us to keep our carbon footprint down to a minimum and demonstrates our commitment to reducing our companies overall environmental impact.
The Street lighting Design Manager Role
As our Street lighting Design Manager, you will help to further develop our street lighting business through our existing contacts whilst assisting to develop our customer base. The role will continue to help and ensure that we provide high quality street lighting designs in a professional and efficient manner.
Responsibilities of our Street lighting Design Manager
– Preparing street lighting designs for various local authorities across the UK.
– Managing our street lighting design programme and issuing out lighting designs to current team members. Planning work and resources, building programs and also updating appropriate spreadsheets.
– Checking street lighting designs that have been produced by the team and ensuring their compliance with British and European Standards for Road Lighting.
– Checking schemes for CDM 2015 compliance, whilst also meeting the adopting authority’s standard street lighting specification.
– Carrying out street lighting equipment site surveys to ascertain existing street lighting and electrical equipment specifications. Use of own vehicle will be required but appropriate mileage will be paid to ensure reimbursement for fuel and vehicle wear and tear. Please note loan working will be required when carrying out this element of the job.
– Staying up to speed with design technology and changes to lighting standards. If and when changes arise feeding information back to the design team via toolbox talks, safety alerts, daily briefings as per company requirements.
What we’re looking for in our Street lighting Design Manager
To be considered for this role you must have previous street lighting design experience with a minimum of 10 years’ service within the Street Lighting Design industry. You will be required to hold an Institute of Lighting Professionals Exterior Lighting Diploma. You will hold a G39 certification and you will have the appropriate skillsets to be able to operate safely on live carriageways. In addition you will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to work in a collaborative manner and a strong customer focus.
Benefits of becoming our Street lighting Design Manager
Our people are our greatest asset and we will offer you a competitive salary with a range of benefits such as:
– Contributory Pension Scheme
– 22 Days Annual Leave per Annum. Rising by 1 day per year of service, up to a maximum of 28 days per annum.
– Opportunity to study for formal qualifications
– Career & professional development.
– Performance Related Christmas Bonus
– Annual Leave Purchase Scheme (up to a max of 5 days per year)
How to apply?
To apply for the current vacancy, please email your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0118 321 5636. We look forward to hearing from you.