Working with Berkeley Homes, MMA Lighting Consultancy were appointed to carry out an adoptable section 38 lighting design for a site on land north of Bell Foundary Lane in Wokingham, Berkshire. The site is build on land of the old Bell Farm under the site name Eldridge Park. The sites comprises of 128 homes.
When appointed to carry out the detailed developer lighting design we liaised with Wokingham Borough Councils street lighting engineer to agree a specification for the works, one of our experienced lighting design engineers commenced the design work. The design was produced around 3 years ago by MMA Lighting Consultancy’s Rob Cooper in accordance with BS5489: 2013 and industry standards.
The on site section 38 works consisted of 5m WBC specification aluminium lighting columns with the Philips Iridium Gen 3 LED lantern and Telensa CMS remote monitoring nodes to a P5 lighting class. As part of the design process the lighting design was technically approved by Wokingham Borough Council’s lighting engineer Dave Halley, MMA Lighting Consultancy Ltd provided the following: –
- Lighting design layout in DWG format showing full specifications and isolux contours.
- Lighting Calculation using industry standard Lighting Reality software.
- Lighting Connection schedule including Northing and Easting (OS Co-ordinates) for site mark outs and for the ease of adoption by the local authority.
- Method statement showing the lighting classification, sensitive receptors and all other design considerations.
- Environmental report.
- Risk assessments for the site survey, design process, installation and future maintenance.
In mid March 2020 our director Mark Chandler was visiting another site in Wokingham and called into this development to take a few photos of the completed site. The development now has some occupants, as with all Berkeley Homes projects, the development is looking stylish and upmarket.
To contact MMA Lighting Consultancy about how we can assist with your projects and if you specifically require a section 38, section 278 or private lighting design please follow one of the below links and one of our engineers will get back to you as quickly as possible.
Telephone: 0118 321 5636